“I teach people to teach people to blow bubbles underwater.”
James Morgan, PADI
Instructor since 2001
Robert became certified as an Open Water diver in 1999 at Scubaland Adventures when the one and only Scubaland store was located on North Lamar, next to Desperado’s night club for anyone that can remember that far back. Robert fell in love with SCUBA diving and soon became a PADI Instructor.
Bubbles are a funny thing. When the hi‐tech bubble burst it ended one career for Robert but started a far more rewarding one. In 2003 Robert began his career as a dive store owner by opening Scubaland’s south store on William Cannon. The south store is still on William Cannon, with a much nicer facility and is currently managed by Rob’s wife, Jennifer Aschermann. Some would say that was the best upgrade the south store ever got.
In 2007 Rob drank the cool‐aid and became a PADI Course Director and the President of Scubaland Adventures. He now focuses most of his attention on running one of the largest and most successful SCUBA franchises in Texas, as well as developing new PADI professionals, Underwater Photography and traveling.
- PADI Open Water SCUBA Instructor
- PADI Master SCUBA Diver Trainer
- PADI Divemaster
- PADI Digital Underwater Photography
Favorite Dive Destinations
- Sipadan Water Village – Borneo, Malaysia
- Lembeh Dive Resort – Lembeh, Indonesia
Menjangin Resort – Bali, Indonesia
- Darwin Island – Galapagos, Ecuador
- Fiji Agressor – Fiji Islands
- Buddies Dive Resort – Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
- Stetson Bank – Texas Flower Gardens